We decided to relocate it as it was, to a site in the North of Derbyshire, where we could easily work on it, and ultimately use it for the use of teaching crafts to members of the public.
Shifting it however got the old grey matter twitching a little. It was located in the corner of an old estate yard with no wheels and rusty hubs, and needed to be moved into position with an entrance and hard standing track, so that we could then call in the services of a HIAB Lorry to crane it away and up the M1 to its new home. So it was down to my colleague and I with our Landrover winches in tandem and some wooden skis to drag it into place.
..... and away she went, hurrah!
Then we stripped all the wood off the outside, all the floor and all the roof ! Knocked out the large replacement window circa the 70's and replaced it with one to match the others which are smaller, and slide open and shut.
All the metal chassis was wire-brushed and painted, and all the floor, roof (including new beech spars) and sides replaced with new pine tongue and grove.
The gaffers look on...
...at the workers :) That was one coooooold day hence the layers.
New doors were fitted, and we have started to paint it with its first coat
Benches fitted with lifting seats so that materials can be stored within.
Once we can get back together for a few more sessions she should be one unique classroom and a nice cosy retreat in the winter, and I'll post some more picture then.
We doubt it will be on the road again as time and money probably wont allow, but its going to provide a great service to the community instead of being scrapped.