Saturday, 6 August 2011

5 Items Camp in the woods.

Just back from a quick 24 hrs in the woods for a bit of fun on BCUK, great fun. 
I took a knife, saw, billy, lighter, and blanket.
I used a lighter, as the rain poured down all day Thursday and as ive only got a couple of Sycamore trees for Friction firelighting, thought I'd give them a miss, as there not very reliable if a little damp.



Walking in



Shelter nearly there, warm work too.



Secured to tree using a branch, Bramble and Larch roots.



Tinder and kindling collected as I went about the work so as to dry out some.



Adjustable Pot hanger made.



Filtering water using a 4 layer merino buff, tied on with bramble.



Nettles, hogweed shoots and cleavers gathered. Got some spruce and a few early blackberries for tea too.



All set up and cooking.



I wasn't keen on hogweed after a taste/allergic test, so left them out. Same there were no roots about in this section of wood.



Settling in for the night in the blanket. This large merino one is the warmest one Ive used and its light too. Cost £3 at Oxfam. Need to dye it though!



I'm making a point of doing this more often when I get the chance. Loved it.



Paul :)